Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tomato Basil Spaghetti


















Hi everyone... it feels like forever since I've done a blog post, but in fact its only been a little over a week. I've decided to go in a little bit different direction with the blog. Don't worry I will still be baking and cooking up excellent recipes... I've just decided to not do the theme weeks.

I had lots of fun coming up with ideas, and I actually still had a whole year of ideas of what I could do for different theme weeks. It just got a little overwhelming to post on a set topic on a set schedule. So I would end up doing the baking/cooking for the blog and never go the chance to try numerous recipes that I wanted to try.



















Speaking of new recipes this tomato basil spaghetti is the perfect addition to your summertime dinner list. It is super easy to make.. and it is a great use for all of those summertime tomatoes. Did I mention that I planned to have 2 tomatoes in my garden, but I got carried away with seeds and they all sprouted. So I now have 8 plants, and numerous homes for them. Come August I am sure I will be giving away tomatoes like crazy.....





Tomato Basil Spaghetti

Ingredients
  • 4 oz spaghetti
  • 1/2 cup Italian dressing
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 4-5 leaves basil
Cooking Directions
  1. Boil a pot of water. Add the spaghetti and cook for 6-7 minutes or until its al dente.
  2. Drain spaghetti and rinse with cool water.
  3. Move the spaghetti to a large bowl, and mix in the Italian dressing.
  4. Add the mozzarella cheese and tomatoes.
  5. Lastly add the basil, either chopped or as a garnish.
Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy
















Greek Pasta Salad

















Zucchini Cups