Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Greek Pasta Salad
















So I'm officially back in the office today. Yeah! Well my desk and computer are here and running, with the ipad close by... but there is no other furniture or anything else hung on the walls yet. Yesterday I got all the plug and light switch covers back on and did a few touch ups.

The animals are super excited to be back in here. They didn't really hang out here a lot before. However they are animals, so as soon as they can't do something they want to do something. I guess that is probably true for humans as well.

Well anyway I have the windows open. Tonks who is usually MIA is enjoying watching the birds in the apple trees below.
















We get a lot of goldfinches.  We also get some house finches. We go through a lot of thistle, but I just love looking out and seeing the finches come to our apple trees.

Ginny on the other hand loves to sleep right up against a wall in any room. I laid down one of her favorite blankets so that she could rest while I work. I know its a rough life.
















So I have been making today's recipe for years. I bring it back every summer and Jim always re remembers it and loves it all over again. I love it because it is quick and easy to make and you can eat it right away or stick it in the fridge and eat it later.

Ingredients:

3 cups farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
2 cups spinach leaves
1 cup of cheese (I used a Parmesan and Mozzarella blend)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3/4 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup greek vinaigrette dressing

Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Boil water. Add pasta for 13 minutes. Stirring every 3-4 minutes to make sure that the pasta is not sticking to the bottom of the pan. Once the pasta is done drain and rinse with cool water.

Put the pasta in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Any order is fine, but I do the greek dressing last. Mix all the ingredients together. You are officially done, see I told you it was easy.

You can enjoy this now or cover and put in the fridge for later.

This recipe originally showed up in Kraft Magazine Summer 2007.

If you like this recipe you may also like

















Greek Coliseum Dogs
















Zucchini Cups