Recent Posts

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Chocolate Mint Swirl Pudding Cookies


I am super excited today.  First and foremost I'm excited because it is December 1st. I love the Christmas season. We have our tree up and the house is decorated. I'm playing Christmas music and watching Christmas Movies on the Hallmark Channel. My ipad has a new advent calender app that looks like it will be super fun. The holiday baking is also in full swing here... 

However the main reason I'm excited today is these cookies. Oh my goodness! I have created a Minty Chocolate Dream Cookie! I did just use two exclamation points in a row... but these cookies deserve them both and maybe a couple more. I dreamed these cookies up about 2 months ago and I couldn't wait to try them out. They basically forced Chocolate Mint week... which by the way is this week's theme.

So I had them in my head for a long time and then I made them last weekend. I felt really bad keeping these from you for a WHOLE week. I actually wanted to move up Chocolate Mint week... but it didn't make any sense that you could have Turkey Leftover week any other week.


The first thing I want you to notice is that they cookies are HUGE. They are 4 Tbsp of dough.. but that is part of the reason they are fabulous.

I delivered some of these cookies to my friend Lesa to try. She tried them and loved them. She wanted me to make sure that I explained to you that this is like having 3 cookies in one. You can have a bite of mint. Which is oh so minty by the way. Then you can have a bite of the chocolate part. I used dark chocolate cocoa in this part, which makes it extra chocolatey. Or you can take a bite down the middle and its a combination of the two.


These cookies are so moist. They are just like the base of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. You do not have to worry about these cookies drying up. Jim loved these so much he wouldn't let me share with anyone else. So since I didn't hand out the extras we had them for the past week, and they stayed just as delicious and moist as the first day.

So please make these cookies, you will love them! If you don't bake then give the recipe to a friend who bakes and have them make them. You need to try these cookies!

Ingredients:

Chocolate Dough:
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 pkg (3.4 oz instant chocolate pudding)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Mint Dough:
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 pkg (3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding)
2 eggs
1 tsp mint extract
10-15 drops of green food coloring
1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Start out making the chocolate dough. Mix together the flour, baking soda and cocoa in a small bowl and set aside.  Mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Once it is well combined, add the chocolate instant pudding mix. After the pudding mix is integrated add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
Now add in the flour and baking soda mixture that you had previously set aside. Blend well. The chocolate chips go in next, use low speed on your mixer or do it by hand.

For the mint dough.  Mix together the flour and baking soda  in a small bowl and set aside. Mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Once it is well combined, add the vanilla instant pudding mix. After the pudding mix is integrated add the eggs and mint extract. Mix well. Then add in the green food coloring. Adjust until you have a color that is slightly darker than you want. Then add in the flour and baking soda mixture that you had previously set aside. Blend well. Now add the chocolate chips, use low speed on your mixer or do it by hand.

Take the mint dough and measure out 2 Tbsp and round the dough into a nice ball and set aside.  Do this for the remaining mint dough. Then do the same with the chocolate dough.

















Then take one of the 2 Tbsp Mint balls and one of the 2 Tbsp Chocolate balls and push them together to form one big ball of dough. Place on the cookie sheet. These are large cookies so do not put more than 6 on the cookie sheet.

















Bake for 12-14 minutes.

Eat and Enjoy!

This recipe originally appeared on Laura's Baking Talent.



You may also enjoy!
















Banana Split Cookies
















Chocolate Chip Cookies