Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

















Its snowing out! Its not just snowing its like a blizzard outside. Some people at work were saying that we may get 6 inches. I know I live in Michigan and its mid November so this isn't out of the realm of possibilities, but it still makes me sad.

So I left work a little later than I wanted, and drove to the store in the snow. It was an essential trip to the store. So I get out of the car and I have my list. I'm going to go in, get my stuff and not get distracted. So I walk through the snow slipping because I have on silly work shoes and not boots like a sane person. I get to the door and I have this moment where I feel like I forgot something. So I'm standing in the snow thinking about what I forget, and then it comes to me... my purse is in the car. So I got to love the snow even more with my return trip across the parking lot :) 
















 Once inside things went better and I only got distracted once in the baking  aisle and once in the candy aisle :) Nonetheless  I came home in the mood for comfort food. Food like these chocolate chip cookies. I had one of those awesome moms that would have a batch of warm cookies waiting for you when you got home from school. There is NOTHING better than a warm chocolate chip cookie.

This is my go to cookie recipe in times of need. Need... well when you need a for sure home run cookie that anyone will love. New neighbor moves in. Your husband accidentally forgets to tell you that he needs to bring something for the work potluck tomorrow, etc. I always have the fixings for these cookies in my house. If I don't than something is majorly wrong.
















I have actually already shared variations of this cookie with you on the blog already: banana split cookies, yup those are from this base recipe. Remember the pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies, same base recipe.

There are two keys to this recipe. The first is I use half white chips and half semi sweet chips. People love the color and taste differences of the two chips. The second is they need to be LARGE. No one can pass up a large moist cookie. I make each cookie 3 Tbsp big. Yum!

I really need to go make these cookies right now......

Ingredients

2 1/4 flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 package instant pudding and pie filling
2 eggs
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.

Mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Once it is well combined, add the instant pudding mix. After the pudding mix is integrated add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.

Now add in the flour and baking soda mixture that you had previously set aside. Blend well.

Add the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, use low speed on your mixer or do it by hand.

Drop 3 Tbsp size cookies on the cookie sheet. Form  the cookie into a round ball so that they come out with a nice round shape. Put 6 on a cookie sheet because they will grow.

Bake for 11-13 minutes.

Eat a cookie and enjoy!

This recipe originally appeared on Laura's Baking Talent


















Banana Split Cookies
















Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies