Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Turkey Alfredo Pizza
















So I made this pizza a little over two weeks ago, but it seems like a decade or something. Isn't it weird how time changes on you? So tonight I'm blogging later than I would normally, because we had to make an unexpected trip to my sister's house. While we were there we decided to go out to eat at a local wings place. So I had boneless wings for dinner with this amazing garlicky Parmesan sauce. So I'm staring at these turkey pizza pics and all I can think about are wings.

That is when Ginny starts hitting the door with her paw. She has been visiting her cousin dog and playing hard all night so I know she doesn't really want to go outside. After a couple of hits though I get up and open the door for her. Its snowing again here. So she sticks her nose out there and sees its cold and snowy and decides she doesn't want to go out anymore. So she turns around and goes to the couch, and sits in my spot.
















This is how I feel about black Friday shopping. We use to be hardcore Friday shoppers. We would stay up late and get up early.. and get all these great deals. Now I see the ads and I think about going, but then I remember its cold and busy out there. So I would rather go back to the couch. Steal Ginny's spot :)

Then in my imaginary perfect black Friday couch experience I would make this pizza again for lunch. Its yummy, easy, and the perfect light meal. Plus its pretty with the spinach and red peppers. Its like magical Thanksgiving Christmas pizza... eat it and get on amazon... and every one's Christmas presents will magically appear at the door.

Ingredients

1 thin pizza crust
1/2 jar of Alfredo pizza sauce
1 red pepper, chopped into long slices
1 cup of fresh spinach
1 cup of turkey, cut into smaller pieces
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Sprinkle a cookie sheet with cornmeal. Roll out the crust. Bake for 3-4 minutes. Then cover with the Alfredo sauce.
















Sprinkle on about a third of your shredded cheese and then top with the red pepper and spinach.

 
Next sprinkle on your leftover turkey.
















Top with the rest of your cheese.
















Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cheese should be melted and the crust a golden brown.

Eat and Enjoy!

This post originally appeared on Laura's Baking Talent.

You may also enjoy
















Cowboy Pork n Onion Pizza 


















Veggie Pizza