Recent Posts

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Veggie Pizzas




For those of you that read my post on Thursday, I bet you are wondering about my Lily Pond green room. Yes it is done. And I believe it looks awesome if I do say so myself :) However it was a lot more work than I expected. It took me two days instead of one.... and two coats of paint. I'm guessing two coats of paint is pretty common. I was feeling it Friday night when I finished.

So Friday night was all about reading a fun no thought summer book and having some wine. They both worked wonders and I recovered. Which is a good thing, because we had an extra member of the household this weekend. Luke, my friend's dog was here to visit. As my friend Lesa says he is black lab mixed with sneaky neighbor dog.



I became Luke's person while he was here so he was helping me do all kinds of fun stuff. We started to work on an original recipe for this Lucky Leaf Contest. I made the first batch of my secret creation, and am planning a second later today to make some tweaks.

He also helped me make dinner. Dinner was going to be the post today, so I was taking lots of pictures. I think that he thought I was crazy for taking so many pictures of food.  He was probably thinking lets just eat this already. Sometimes I think Jim has the same thoughts.

So as you all know I love baking...but at some point you do just have to have dinner. So this week I'm going to share some of my favorite summer dinner recipes. They are relatively quick and yummy and I hope that you enjoy them.

Ingredients
Pitas - 1 for each pizza you want to make
Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
Various cut up veggies (I used radishes, carrots, and cucumbers)
Colby Jack or Mexican Shredded Cheese

Start out by cutting up your veggies. Make sure they are relatively thin. I used radishes, cucumbers, and carrots, but you could mix in any veggies you have around.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 

Cover a cookie sheet with a piece of foil. If you don't have foil on hand, that is ok. You can just use the cookie sheet. But the foil makes clean up a lot easier.

When I was cutting the radishes I found one with a heart in the middle. I put it on Jim's pizza, isn't that so romantic.












Take the pita bread and cover with the chive and onion cream cheese. Don't over do it but make sure its thoroughly covered.




















Next sprinkle with the veggies that you cut up earlier. Yup that is jim's radish... in the center.
















Next sprinkle on the cheese you picked. I used a Mexican blend, but I have also used colby jack and chedder and they all work.




















Put the pitas in the preheated oven for 2-3 minutes. Just long enough for the cheese to melt.



















Eat and Enjoy!

This recipe was originally in the Kraft Magazine Fall 2007 issue.