Recent Posts

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pineapple Cookies
















So I made these cookies awhile back, actually before vacation. They are one of my all time favorite cookie recipes. When I did 50 cookies in a year they were ranked  #4 which is pretty good. I remade them in anticipation of pineapple week, however I didn't realize it would be so long till pineapple week. We went on vacation and then football happened and we had to have football week :)

It is now a stormy fall day in Michigan I really really wish I had one of these cookies. Pineapple just makes you smile. It just makes you feel sunny and sweet. It is especially good in these cookies. I love these cookies. I want one right now to make this rainy day go away. They are magical cookies so I'm sure if I ate one it would be bright and sunny again.
















I could then do all the outside stuff that really needs to be done. Like staining the deck or filling in the concrete cracks. Power washing the front porch. I know big excitement huh :) Its not exciting but needs to be done, and I couldn't do it yesterday in anticipation of the rain and today because of the rain. Hopefully I can get out there tomorrow :)
















Back to these cookies... they are moist and chewy. They have the perfect level of SWEETNESS, and they have frosting. How can any cookie with frosting be bad. That's right I didn't think you could think of a reason :) So here is to bright sunny cookies on stormy fall days.

Ingredients

1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar
macadamia nuts (optional for decoration)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees

You are going to SAVE the pineapple juice.  Drain the pineapples saving the juice in a separate container. Set the pineapple aside, and save the juice for the frosting.  In a large bowl mix together the shortening and sugar. Add the egg, and make sure it gets mixed in well. Then add the pineapple and vanilla.

In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Make sure everything is combined well. Drop 2 Tbsp size balls on to the cookie sheets. Bake for 17-20 minutes. Remove them from the cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

Once cooled the cookies can be frosted. To make the frosting, mix the powdered sugar with abotu 1.5 Tbsp of the pineapple juice. Adjust the powdered sugar and pineapple juice to get the frosting consitency that you want. Frost the cookies, and add nuts to the top if you want for decoration.

Eat and Enjoy!

This recipe was adapted from the allrecipes site. 

You may also enjoy
















Banana Split Cookies
















Strawberry Shortcake Cookies