Recent Posts

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Greek Coliseum Dogs


















We were recently at a restaurant that served some really good greek food. My husband had ordered an omelet and it came with tzatziki sauce. He got the omelet and the sauce and I think he feel in love with both.

It was a nice day and we were thinking that it would be great to grill out for dinner. So I was reviewing all the  International Hotdogs when I noticed that that we had never tried the Greek one... and you will never guess but it had tzatziki sauce.

So I was then on a mission to find tzatziki sauce and try this new version of hot dog.  I went to the local Meijers and found it in the International aisle. It was the smallest little jar on one of the highest shelves. I'm just over 5 foot so being on the high shelf is critical to understanding how difficult it was for me to find. I got it home and we made these wonderful greek hot dogs.  I have to say that I am a huge fan of tzatziki sauce now too. Peloponnese Tzatziki Spread, 3.5 Ounce.

I have to admit that I left off one ingredient kalmata olives, since I am not a big olive fan.

Ingredients

Your favorite hot dog
Hot dog bun
Cucumber (cut up in small pieces)
tzatziki sauce
kalmata olives (optional)

Cook hot dogs as normal, and top with the new ingredients. Eat and enjoy!