Recent Posts

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies
















Did you guys play any Aprils Fool jokes on anyone? Or did you get any jokes played on you? I was lucky and no one tried to fool me. However I was a little mischievous and played a trick on the hubby.

Monday which was the last day of March was super nice here. My car actually said it was 67 degrees. AMAZING! The next morning I got up to let Ginny out and I was greeted with another cold morning. Disappointing but not unexpected in Michigan this time of year.

















It however gave me the idea for the perfect April Fools joke. I went upstairs and told the hubby that we had gotten a foot of snow last night. He was going to have to get the snow blower out to plow the driveway.

He grumbled and got all bundled up... when he opened the garage door.... he saw nothing. He gave me a look and I was like April Fools! Luckily he has a sense of humor...
















So these Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies are as mischievous as April Fools day. They look all innocent just like any other rice krispie...then bam you eat it and there is an explosion of flavor.

These are so easy to make. I think it took me a total of 10 minutes. Plus you get to inhale the yummy smell of Fruity Pebbles as you pour them out of the box. You aren't sure what Fruity Pebbles smell like.. well I guess you will have to get a box and make these to know.



 


Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies

Ingredients
  • 1.5 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
  • 1.5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
  • 4.5 cups mini marshmallows
  • 2 Tbsp margarine
Cooking Directions
  1. Spray a 9X9 pan with non stick butter spray, and set aside.
  2. Measure out the cereal and mix it together together.
  3. Melt the margarine in a large saucepan over low heat.
  4. Add the marshmallows when the margarine is almost completely melted.
  5. Stir marshmallows constantly until they have completed melted.
  6. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the cereal mixture.
  7. Press lightly into the prepared pan.
  8. Let it cool, and then cut into bars.

Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy
















Reese Puff Treats

















Lucky Charm Treats