Recent Posts

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Springtime Granola

















Ok.. who else out there has to have breakfast? Like if you don't have breakfast you become the crabbiest person ever. Yup that is me. My breakfast is never huge... but its something. One thing that we love to have is granola, especially with vanilla greek yogurt. Yum! Yum!

















However making the same granola over and over again can get a little boring. So I like to change it up. One of my most popular fall recipes was this pumpkin granola. Today's granola screams springtime. I mean how can you not look at all of those colorful fruity pebbles and sprinkles and not think yeah Spring is here.

We don't have kids...but I'm sure that you could even get kids to be excited about this granola. I mean it includes FRUITY PEBBLES and SPRINKLES! Plus don't we all want to be a kid at heart. I'm totally the one that fights for the doughnut with sprinkles at work... I think its an unknown culinary law that everything is just better with SPRINKLES.

















My tomato seeds came up. I saw the first sign of one on Thursday. By Friday morning that one had fully come up and the rest of the tomatoes were starting. Then I got home from work on Friday and they were all fully up and waiting for light.

We used my clothes drying rack and attached a shop light to it... so that we could get the light really close to the plants. They appear to be loving it. Well the tomatoes are at least. My pepper seeds have yet to make an appearance. However I think now its going to be about 15 days or more before they go to the next stage were they get their first "tomato" leaves.

See you later this week with another FRUITY PEBBLE recipe.







Springtime Granola

Ingredients

  • 2 cups oats
  • 3/4 cup fruity pebbles cereal
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup sprinkles
Cooking Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl: oats, cereal, and brown sugar.
  3. In a medium sized bowl mix together the wet ingredients applesauce, honey, and vanilla.
  4. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix them together.
  5. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix again.
  6. Lay the granola out on a cookie sheet.
  7. Bake for 20 minutes.
  8. Flip the granola on the cookie sheet and bake for another 20 minutes.
  9. Let granola cool, and then add sprinkles.

Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent

You may also enjoy: