Recent Posts

Friday, January 17, 2014

Rice Pudding

















Happy Friday!

I have to admit something a little odd. I sometimes wish that I had super animals. Super animals? Yes I knew this would take some more explanation. This morning for example I was looking for a specific scarf. I wish I could be like hey G dog could you go find the black and gray zebra scarf. Then because she is a super dog she would just find it.
















Another example... I'm driving to work and suddenly have this moment where I wonder if I unplugged the flat iron. I wish I could call Harry and be like hey H cat can you check that for me. Then he could meow once if it was unplugged and twice if it was still plugged in. You know because he can answer the phone and check the flat iron... but TALKING would be crazy.

Lets jump to Rice Pudding. I love rice pudding, and tried 3 recipes in 3 different cookbooks before I found one that worked for me. The KEY is that it is baked mostly in the oven and not completely on the cooktop. Ironically it came from the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook. Which is kind of funny, because I think my husband got the cookbook for me as a joke.

















These chocolate peanut butter crunch bon bons came from that cookbook as well. They were my third blog post. They are so easy and DELICIOUS that my hubby makes them all the time.

We are suppose to get more snow this weekend. This warm rice pudding would be perfect for a lazy weekend afternoon.

Ingredients

1/2 cup white rice (short grain)
4 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Preheat the Oven to 300 degrees.

Grease a 2 quart baking dish. Put the rice, milk, sugar and salt into a large saucepan. Bring it to a boil. At this time reduce the heat, and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Stir it occasionally.

Take the saucepan off the heat and add the butter, vanilla, and nutmeg. Mix it well, the butter should completely melt. Pour everything into the greased baking dish. Bake for 1 hour, stir it every 20 minutes. Then bake for an additional 30 minutes.

Eat and Enjoy!

Recipe Source: The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory--More Than 150 Magical Recipes for Muggles and Wizards

You may also enjoy:

















Grilled Bread Pudding

















Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bon Bons