Recent Posts

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blueberry Banana Smoothies

















Did you know that if you only use say 9 out of say 12 of the muffin cups in a muffin pan.. and don't fill the others with water, then your muffins are more likely to overcook? Yup, its true. I have personal experience on this matter. I have this great blueberry muffin recipe I was going to share with you. I have used it several times before and have never had issues with it.

Yesterday I cut it in half, because it would still make 9 muffins. Plenty for Jim and I to enjoy and some to share. But I didn't know the water trick and they were a little toasty. They still tasted good. Jim and I enjoyed them for a dessert last night for dinner... and Ginny tried a couple.

Yes I am awful and feed baked goods to my dog. Don't worry though she is very fit, and gets multiple walks daily. So even though they still tasted good there was no way I was going to take pictures of them and put them on the blog. Seriously I'm trying to get a following here :)

So I was going to remake them today... but Jim gave me a look that said enough with the blueberries...hmmmm.... So I have been having smoothies like crazy for breakfast lately. I buy bananas and let them ripen so I can freeze them for smoothies. Its quick easy and healthy. Well healthier than other things I would snack on  anyways.

So I decided to make a blueberry banana smoothie for you... and luckily it turned out great and yummy... and like all smoothies relatively easy. In fact I'm enjoying it right now... Nothing like a last minute post.

Ingredients:

2.5 frozen bananas (2 or 3 would work, all of my freezing conatiners fit 2.5 nicely so that works for me)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 5.3 oz container of greek yogart
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp honey

Add all the ingredients to the blender at once.
This is a picture of just the bananas and blueberries. Yummy, healthy goodness.





















Once all the ingredients are in there puree till all the bananas are chopped up. Pour and enjoy!

If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like Peanut Butter Banana Bomb Smoothie.