I live in an area of Southwest Michigan where there is a festival for every kind of fruit. Strawberry, blueberry, peach, apple etc. As far as I know there is no festival for tomatoes. However looking at the produciton in my garden right now... I feel like that would be an excellent idea.
I go out and pick 20+ cherry tomatoes almost everyday. It is really kind of crazy for the two of us. In an effort to use some of the tomatoes up, I made this easy and tasty tomato mozzarella salad last weekend.
We devoured it.. and the overwhelming feeling of endless tomatoes ended.
Easy Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz mozzarella, cubed
- 5-6 leaves basil, chopped
- olive oil
- Alternate the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella on the serving plate.
- Sprinkle the chopped basil over the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Lightly pour olive oil over everything.
Recipe Source: Laura's Baking Talent
You may also enjoy
Tomato Basil Spaghetti
Greek Pasta Salad